Have you ever needed a Justice of the Peace? Have you ever found it difficult to find a Justice of the Peace?
Believe it or not there are over 95,000 Justices of the Peace across the state of New South Wales. It’s surprising to hear considering how difficult it can be to find one in an urgent situation.
A Justice of the Peace is a volunteer who can:
- witness documents, like statutory declarations or affidavits; and
- certify copies of original documents, like drivers licences
A Justice of the Peace helps a variety of people at important times in their lives. They help people like those that are purchasing a home and those who are going to court.
The NSW Government has announced an upgrade to the current Justice of the Peace website. The upgrade will:
- Make it easier for you to find a Justice of the Peace
- Make it easier for you to find details on when and where a Justice of the Peace will be available. The website will contain dates and times a Justice of the Peace is available, as well as provide you with their contact details
- Contain information about what languages the Justice of the Peace speaks. This is aimed to assist a range of people and communities by enabling people to search for a local Justice of the Peace who speaks their language
The upgraded website will launch early 2019 and is set to save you a lot of time. No more calling around or dropping into various businesses, only to discover they aren’t in or aren’t available.
At Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers we offer Justice of the Peace services at each of our office locations. Please refer to our website or give us a call to confirm what times our Justice of the Peace services are available.
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact:
This blog is merely general and non specific information on the subject matter and is not and should not be considered or relied on as legal advice. Coutts is not responsible for any cost, expense, loss or liability whatsoever in relation to this blog, including all or any reliance on this blog or use or application of this blog by you.