Public Liability Compensation Checker
Get What You Deserve!
A Public Liability compensation claim covers anyone who has been injured in a public place or private building, whether due to the negligence or a deliberate act of another party.
Injuries can occur unexpectedly in public or private places and can change your life in a split second. The most common spaces which injuries occur in are pathways, grocery stores and commercial and retail spaces.
Any injury that has arisen because another party has breached their duty of care towards you may entitle you to make a Public Liability compensation claim.
Common examples of Public Liability injuries include:
- Trips, slips and falls on public or private property;
- Accidents which occur on school grounds;
- Injuries from animals, such as dog attacks;
- Sporting injuries, including recreational and adventure activities;
- Aviation injuries;
- Physical assaults;
- Sexual assaults;
- Food poisoning.
Making a Public Liability Compensation Claim
For a Public Liability claim to be successful, the following elements must be proven:
- The person or organisation at fault owed you a duty of care; and
- The duty of care was breached by that person or organisation; and
- You suffered injury and loss as a result of that duty being breached.
To assist in establishing and corroborating your claim, you should gather any evidence of your incident as soon as possible after the incident occurred. In particular, photo or video evidence should be gathered to ensure that you provide the most accurate depiction of the environment at the time the injury occurred. These additional steps are critical in case there are changes to the scene of the injury.
What Compensation Could I Be Entitled To?
If you have suffered an injury, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering i.e. Non Economic Loss;
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Loss of wages and future loss of earning capacity;
- Past and future care expenses such as domestic care;
- Home Care Assistance;
- Travelling expenses.
- Aides & Equipment
How Much Compensation Could I Be Eligible For?
The amount of compensation that can be claimed for a Public Liability injury will depend on a range of factors, such as:
- The nature and extent of your injury
- The cost of your medical expenses
- Your loss of earnings
- How your injury will affect your ability to work in the future
- Whether you need assistance around the home due to your injury
Do Time Limits Apply to a Claim for Compensation?
Yes, a claim for compensation must be commenced within three (3) years from the date of the incident.
In limited circumstances you may be able to commence proceedings outside of the three-year time limit.
If you have been injured, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. If time limits are not complied with, any potential rights to compensation that you have may be lost.
Why Choose Coutts?
At Coutts we are proud of our “No Win No Fee” policy as we understand the financial burden obtaining a solicitor can have on an individual. We also provide a free Initial consultation and case assessment advice at the beginning of your matter.
At Coutts we pride ourselves on providing flexible services to our clients and we will commute to you for appointments. We endeavour to respond to our clients within a 24-hour time frame and have a one point of contact. The team at Coutts understands that an injury can have a significant impact on your life. An injury has the ability to affect your work, quality of life and normal day to day activities.
Coutts is committed to advocating for individuals who have suffered injury in public or private places and being there for our clients every step of the process. Coutts have the expertise and experience to stand behind you in making a Public Liability claim.
Download your FREE Injury Compensation Guide!