We help our clients take the leap into franchising
The Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers team is well placed to help you take the leap into franchising. We can assist you embrace franchising opportunities and overcome the challenges presented by this sector. Not only do we assist franchisors and franchisees, but we advise those who are involved in the manufacturing, selling and financing of produce.
Our lawyers understand the complex legislation and regulations that apply to franchisors and franchisees, and can streamline the legal process involved.
At Coutts, we take the time to understand your business and commercial objectives to provide you with the best advice in the franchise development process.
Our team can advise you
Coutts advises on matters including:
- Preparation of franchise agreements, disclosure documentation and ancillary documentation
- Buying, selling, setting up, running and winding down businesses
- Intellectual property rights including licensing, brand protection advice, trade mark availability, infringement and registrability advice, trade mark disputes and prosecution, IP infringement and enforcement strategies
- Employment law advice including employment contracts, awards, employee entitlements and policies
- Equipment and asset transactions including the buying, selling and leasing of assets such as vehicles, watercraft, machinery and stock
- Property transactions and leasing including providing advice in relation to retail, commercial and industrial property, providing advice on property rights, property disputes, planning and environment and construction law matters
- Negotiating contracts and providing advice on a range of third party agreements including service, agency, sales and supply agreements
- Managing contractual disputes and assisting with negotiations, litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings, and
- Providing advice in relation to marketing and distribution practices, unfair practices and other consumer protection issues under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
What are the next steps?
The key contacts of our Coutts team who can assist in providing you with franchising advice are: