Privacy issues are on the rise as online activity quickly increases
Data has become the centre of global trade and the digitalisation of the economy has resulted in businesses using data to predict and respond to their market in unprecedented ways.
Our team can advise you
The collection and storage of personal information is in most cases governed by the Privacy Act. Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers can help organisations manage privacy issues and prepare for the anticipated changes. Our practice covers the full range of data protection, privacy and associated maters including your legal obligations, compliance obligations, complaints for breaches of privacy, cyber security, data breaches and retention, and access to information requests.
Our approach is to find practical yet commercially realistic solutions for our clients’ privacy and data issues.
We regularly advise on:
- developing and implementing privacy policies and compliance programs, including response protocols, management and employee training programs
- privacy complaints and how to deal with those complaints
- reviewing agreements to ensure they contain adequate protection of your data
- advising on compliance with changes to privacy laws and identifying personal and sensitive information, and
- advising on precautionary measures to reduce liability and risk.
What are the next steps?
The key contacts of our Coutts team who can assist in providing you with privacy and data protection advice are: