“Corporate governance is the key to any successful, reputable business.”
It is pertinent that all officers and shareholders of a company are aware of their obligations to the company, the officers and the general public. Such obligations are often encompassed by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Our team can advise you
Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers can assist you and your company in a range of corporate compliance and governance matters including directors’ and officers’ duties and liabilities, shareholder rights, participation and communication, compliance with the Corporations Act and ASX disclosure requirements, ASIC and ASX complaints and investigations, financial reporting and continuing disclosure requirements.
The Corporations Act places significant responsibility on directors and they are subject to considerable scrutiny as a result of their fiduciary duties to the company and its shareholders, employees and creditors.
It is crucial that companies have up to date and accurate policies and agreements which reflect their obligations under the Corporations Act. Coutts can provide advice to both shareholders and directors on their duties to the company and each other.
Coutts experience includes:
- Advising a range of private companies and directors of their ongoing duties and in relation to transactions between the company and other parties
- Advising on constitutional matters and directors’ liability
- Advising on, preparing and lodging the relevant documentation for transactions involving share capital reductions, buy-backs and related party transactions pursuant to the Corporations Act
- Preparing and reviewing notices of meeting and minutes for compliance with the Corporations Act, and
- Conducting training to company directors as to their obligations and duties.
What are the next steps?
Coutts provide services and advice to ensure legislative compliance. Contact our Sydney Lawyers team for advice.