Since joining Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers in March 2019, Nichole will be based in our Cessnock office. Nichole will be serving the local community in the areas of General Practice, Wills and Estate, Family Law, Criminal Law and Dispute Resolution. Nichole holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Social Science from the University of Newcastle. Until recently Nichole was a Primary School Teacher with the Department of Education in the Hunter Valley.
During her time studying Law at Newcastle University, Nichole gained legal experience in a variety of settings including the Department of Public Prosecutions, the University of Newcastle Legal Centre, the Family Court and private practices. Post training, Nichole worked as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and was the Senior Mediator for Relationships Australia.
Nichole prides herself on being committed to serving her clients by providing professional, prompt legal assistance in a manner tailored to your needs.
On a daily basis, Nichole may complete any of the following tasks:
- Local Court, District Court, Family Court and Children’s Court matters;
- Case management;
- Trial preparation;
- Interviewing clients in custody;
- Duty solicitor Local Court;
- Advising clients;
- Bail applications;
- Legally assisted mediations;
- Entering a plea;
- Mentions, call overs;
- Meeting with Counsel for trial preparation;
- Leading a team of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners for Relationships Australia;
- Managing operational procedures for a team of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners;
- Providing clinical support and supervision;
- Conducting joint mediation, shuttle mediation and mediation via telephone;
- Conducting pre-mediation assessments to determine whether mediation is suitable under The Family Law Act 1975;
- Experience and training in Family Violence;
- Implementing child-inclusive practice;
- Drafting of legal documents and parenting plans;
- Property settlements; and
- Issuing of Section 60I certificates.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney;
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Newcastle; and
- Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Social Science (Early Childhood), The University of Newcastle.
- General practice;
- Criminal Law;
- Family Law including Family Dispute Resolution;
- Commercial Law;
- Wills and Estates; and
- Conflict Resolution.
Contact Nichole Orr
Contact Nichole today to chat about your Property Law, Wills & Estates, Family Law, Mediation and Criminal Law matters.