Professional Biography of Lara
Lara Menon joined the Coutts Lawyers & Conveyancers team in August 2018, working within our Criminal and Family Law teams. Her swift advancement from Paralegal, Law Graduate, Lawyer, Senior Lawyer and most recently, Senior Associate in February 2022, is a testament to her astute legal skills and commitment to client service excellence.
Lara has developed a formidable reputation as a lawyer that can achieve legal triumphs in complex Criminal and Family Law matters. She seeks to identify the underlying causes of a client’s legal issues and provide sustainable solutions to ensure they never have to appear before the Courts again.
Lara holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Laws. Lara is admitted to practice as a Lawyer in the Supreme Court of NSW and is on the Roll of Practitioners of the High Court of Australia.
In 2019, Lara was selected by the NSW Law Society to work as a Judge’s Associate for the Deputy State Coroner in the NSW Coroner’s Court, as well as Local Court Magistrates. This provided Lara with invaluable insight into the Court system and judicial functions from the other side of the Bar table. Lara uses this insight to assist her clients, both in Family & Criminal Law.
Lara’s empathetic and sensitive approach allows her to build a great rapport with clients and due to her negotiation skills, Lara is often able to settle Family Law matters without the need for costly litigation. When negotiations break down and resolution is not possible, Lara is a fierce advocate for her clients and continuously strives to achieve the best outcome.
In terms of Family Law, Lara has the ability to represent clients on matters involving:
- Property and Asset Divisions
- Spousal Maintenance
- Separation and Divorce
- Parenting Matters
- Child Relocation or Abduction (including disputes involving international issues)
- Child Recovery Orders
- Hague Convention Matters;
- Binding Child Support Agreements
- Binding Financial Agreements
In terms of Criminal Law, Lara has the experience and knowledge to act for a range of clients on matters involving:
- Drug related offences;
- Sexual Offences;
- Assault Offences;
- Traffic Offences;
- Criminal Damage;
- Money or Property Laundering;
- Insider Trading;
- Corruption and Bribery;
- Breach of Apprehended Violence Orders (AVO);
- Breach of Bail;
- Drunk and Disorderly Conduct;
- Murder and Manslaughter offences;
- Stalking and Kidnapping offences;
- Firearms and prohibited weapons offences;
- Breaking and entering; and
To assist anyone who has been in trouble with the police and requires immediate legal advice or representation, Lara can be contacted on our criminal law hotline for immediate assistance on 02 8324 7527.
Disclaimer: Coutts is not liable if the lawyer is unable to answer your call immediately, however someone from our office will endeavour to return your call as soon as possible.
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Laws
- Admitted as a Lawyer to the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Certificate of Family Law for Support Staff through the New South Wales Law Society
Contact Lara Menon
Contact Lara today to chat about your Family Law and Criminal Law matters.