Professional Biography of Adele
Adele is a well-regarded environment, planning and government administrative lawyer with over 10 years’ experience working in courts and tribunals providing high-level advice on administrative law and policy.
Adele regularly advises for government and developer clients in Land and Environment Court matters and has, on most occasions, successfully achieved her client’s objectives. Her professional success is due to her commitment to understanding her client’s individual situation and needs and providing them with practical and cost-effective solutions to obtain the best outcome.
It is through her extensive experience Adele can advise and act for clients on matters involving regulatory and compliance issues and environmental offences, planning, development consent modifications, mining leases, land valuation and rates appeals, NSW water allocation and rights, native title, environmental due diligence, VPAs, deeds and agreements.
Furthermore, Adele’s significant litigation experience includes conducting and defending matters in the Local Court, Land and Environment Court and Tribunals.
In terms of Planning matters, Adele has the ability to represent clients on matters involving:
- State Significant Developments;
- Exempt and complying development;
- Child care centres;
- Flood prone land planning;
- Development application appeals; and
- Permissibility and zoning.
In terms of Environment Law, Adele has the experience and knowledge to act for a range of matters involving:
- Environment offences;
- Offensive Noise;
- Notice to provide information and/or records;
- Mining and extraction industries; and
In terms of Local Government Law, Adele can represent clients on matters involving:
- Council rates categorisation;
- Development applications and appeals;
- Land zoning and building entitlements;
- Bushfire planning;
- Local Government Code of Conduct; and
- Development contributions and planning agreements.
Adele can also help clients on other matters involving:
- Compulsory acquisition of land;
- Water licences and harvestable rights;
- Native Title;
- Appeals from government decisions – Centrelink, taxation, government authorities; and
- Freedom of information and GIPA.
- Women Lawyers Association;
- Environment and Planning Law Association;
- Australian Institute of Administrative Law; and
- Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University;
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Sydney;
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law; and
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Contact Adele Veness
Contact Adele today to chat about your Government Law matters.